C3 Intelligence, Inc. is dedicated in providing a secure business environment. We take your concerns very seriously. We strive in securing every aspect of our website by having up-to-date security measures.Each visitor and/or client, will be responsible and take reasonable efforts to securing their user IDs and Passwords. If at any time such information has been compromised or lost, you must advise C3 Intelligence, Inc.For Clients, please refer to your Client Agreement form for passwords and user ID policies
In certain situations, C3 Intelligence Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
C3 Intelligence Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
C3 Intelligence Inc. is liable for appropriate onward transfers of personal data to third parties.
Encryption of 128-bit SSL (Secured Socket Layer) secures our client directory, securing all information that you send from your browser to our company. You should see the picture of a padlock at the bottom right corner of your web browser. You should also notice a difference in the web address as "https" now encompasses the URL in your address bar.C3 Intelligence, Inc. does not store your credit card information online.For your security, sessions will timeout after a certain period of inactivity.
Collection and Use of Information
When information is collected through our website, it helps us identify the type of web site content our clients view most. We use this information to market and improve our site and services. Please note that C3 Intelligence, Inc. will never give, sell, or otherwise distribute the information collected through this site to third parties outside of C3 Intelligence, Inc. or its vendors, unless required by law.
When you leave our site
Additional Privacy Information
NOTE: C3 INTELLIGENCE does NOT send U. S. applicant information outside of the U.S. for processing. Once data leaves the U.S., the data is beyond the reach of U.S. privacy laws and there is no meaningful privacy protections. C3 INTELLIGENCE believes that firms that send data outside the U.S. put applicants and employers at great risk, for no other reason then to make a little more money. In some countries, it is a well known fact that U.S. identities are stolen and used for identity theft. As a practical matter, someone in the U.S. has no ability to hire a lawyer in a foreign country to pursue legal action or contact a foreign police authority to get any action taken. The only exception is where C3 INTELLIGENCE is asked to perform an international verification and the information resides outside of the U.S. Even in that situation, C3 INTELLIGENCE goes to great length to protect applicant data by going directly to the school or employer. If it is necessary to have a researcher do research in a foreign country, C3 INTELLIGENCE only releases the minimum information absolutely necessary.
C3 INTELLIGENCE strongly advises all employers to ask a screening firm if they send data outside of the U.S. and to seriously consider the dangers to their hiring processes and to their applicants.
1. This web site collects personally identifiable information online from individuals in the following ways:
a. A potential customer has the opportunity to e-mail this site in order to obtain information about our services. Any information given to this site is completely in the control of the third party who chooses to do so.
b. A person may choose to sign-up for a newsletter that explicitly requires opt-in. Each newsletter provides the ability of a person to opt-out very easily by hitting a button at the bottom of each newsletter.
2. This site does not engage in any passive information techniques.
3. No information provided to this site through e-mail or any other method is ever released, utilized or shared with anyone else, including, but not limited to, third parties or affiliates.
4. The C3 INTELLIGENCE online system is a separate web site that is only available to C3 INTELLIGENCE customers and is utilized as a means for C3 INTELLIGENCE to receive orders from authorized employers and to transmit information to and from authorized users. However, all such usage is strictly between C3 INTELLIGENCE and business entities whose legitimate need for the information and permissible purpose has been verified pursuant to section 607(a) of the FCRA which states: (a) Identity and purposes of credit users. Every consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to avoid violations of section 605 [S 1681c] and to limit the furnishing of consumer reports to the purposes listed under section 604 [S 1681b] of this title. These procedures shall require that prospective users of the information identify themselves, certify the purposes for which the information is sought, and certify that the information will be used for no other purpose. Every consumer reporting agency shall make a reasonable effort to verify the identity of a new prospective user and the uses certified by such prospective user prior to furnishing such user a consumer report. No consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report to any person if it has reasonable grounds for believing that the consumer report will not be used for a purpose listed in section 604.
5. All data on the C3 INTELLIGENCE system is protected by secure access, ensuring "for-your-eyes-only" data exchange. Viewing of information is restricted to the users and customers that should have it with state of the art security, including 128-bit SSL encryption and strong password protection. The Privacy and Integrity of all information is fully protected. All employees who have access to any information from this site have signed privacy agreements and are regularly trained in privacy practices and procedures. C3 INTELLIGENCE maintains a Written Information Security Policy (WISP) in conformity with Massachusetts requirements under 201 CMR 17.00: STANDARDS FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF RESIDENTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH .
6. Information is retained pursuant to the FCRA for a minimum of six (6) years. The method for a consumer to opt-out of C3 INTELLIGENCE obtaining information is to not consent to a pre-employment background screening with a prospective or current employer. Once a consumer has consented to such a screening, C3 INTELLIGENCE must retain information on file for US residents for the six (6) year period.
7. Any consumer may exercise their right to inspect any data about them and to object to any data pursuant to the FCRA and applicable state law.
8. Any questions or concerns about Privacy should be directed to support@C3intelligence.com. C3 INTELLIGENCE will make all reasonable efforts to address a consumer's concerns. If the matter cannot be resolved by C3 INTELLIGENCE, then a consumer has additional rights.
10. In the event C3 INTELLIGENCE destroys any information provided by employers, applicants, or third parties during the course of its work the destruction is accomplished in accordance with the approved document disposal rules formulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
EU-US Privacy Shield
C3 Intelligence Inc. commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities regarding human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States or Overseas
C3 INTELLIGENCE opposes the "offshoring" of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of consumers - such as names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSNs) - sent overseas outside of the United States and its territories and beyond the protection of U.S. Privacy laws. C3 INTELLIGENCE's mission is to protect the PII of consumers, which is best done by keeping all such information in the United States.
C3 INTELLIGENCE belongs to ConcernedCRA's ( http://www.concernedcras.com/) a group of Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) dedicated to protecting consumer privacy by not offshoring PII. C3 INTELLIGENCE has adopted the policy of ConcenredCRA's and operates in as follows:
1. Domestic Background Screening: Where a CRA (background screening firm) is providing background screening services for consumers in the United States based upon information available in the U.S., a firm displaying the ConcenredCRA seal certifies that it does not send data outside the U. S. or its territories for processing or preparation of a background check report or for any other reason. All work is done in the U.S.
2. International Screening: Where there is an international background check for verification of employment, education, or a professional degree, or for a criminal record check, some information may have to go offshore by necessity since the information being sought is offshore. However, firms displaying the ConcenredCRA seal have taken measures to protect personal and confidential data: a.) Documentation or information such as passport numbers, or unique identification numbers and date of birth, are not sent to anyone overseas other than the actual verification provider (e.g. employer or school registrar) whenever possible. b.) Where it is necessary to utilize a local firm, the local firm will first be asked to provide local contact information so that the CRA can contact the foreign verifying party directly. c.) If, due to infrastructure or other issues in a foreign country, a foreign research firm must perform the verification, then the CRA or its agent has properly vetted the local firm, and will redact any unnecessary information.
3. Where a CRA utilizes a third party service to perform domestic or international services in connection with providing background reports, firms that adopted this standard have made reasonable inquires to ensure that any provider is also following the ConcenredCRA standard.
The Fair And Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACT Act) of 2003 that amended the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), provides the ability for consumers to obtain a free copy of his or her consumer file from certain consumer reporting agencies once during a 12 month period. If you have previously had a background report run on you by C3 Intelligence, you may request a free annual file disclosure pursuant to the Free Annual File Disclosure Rule, 16 C.F.R. Part 610.
Please note that C3 Intelligence will only have a report concerning you if you have applied for employment with an employer who performs preemployment background checks , AND the check was performed by C3 Intelligence. If you have not applied for employment with an employer that conducts preemployment background reports, then you will not have a file with C3 Intelligence. In addition, even if you have applied for employment, and a background report was done, C3 Intelligence will not have any information on you unless C3 Intelligence was the background firm that completed the report. Generally, a Consumer will be informed of the name and identity of the background firm that was utilized by an employer on the Consent and Disclosure forms that an applicant must sign prior to a background report being requested.
Please also be advised that C3 Intelligence does not "re-use" any information that is obtained by C3 Intelligence for a background report. Each background report is a "one-time" use only.
You can obtain a copy of your consumer file from C3 Intelligence if C3 Intelligence has such a file in two ways:
1. To request a copy of the free annual disclosure by phone, please call C3 Intelligence and ask for the Support Desk: 1-866-946-8359.
2. To obtain a copy of your free annual disclosure by mail, write to C3 Intelligence, 31355 Oak Crest Drive Suite 210 Westlake Village, California 91361 ATT: Support Desk